Our clients are looking to recruit a Herdsperson for their 200+ cow herd on their dairy farm based in Grassington North Yorkshire.
This will be a key role within the farming operation and you will be reporting directly to the Herd Manager. The successful applicant must be a conscientious, honest individual who can work well within a team. This is a physically demanding role and the duties required are as follows:
- To be responsible for the general welfare and care of livestock
- To milk cows ( currently twice daily).
- To handle the movement of stock.
- Be responsible for feeding, bedding and calving stock.
- Scraping slurry both by hand and tractor.
- Washing down both hand and pressure washer and CIP.
- General cleaning and keeping tidy the farm & yards.
- Loading/unloading feedstuffs both by hand and machine.
- Field work either by hand or machine.
- Operation of tractor, loader and other farm machinery.
- To keep records regarding health and fertility of the herd.
This is a full time position based on a 6 day on, 3 day off working pattern. This will include week-ends as part of a minimum 48 hour working week
The rate of pay is £11.67 per hour. A company pension scheme is in place.
A flat is available within 1 mile of work site.
- Council tax £1175 per annum
- Electricity £100 per quarter
- Water £500 per annum
Accommodation Price (where applicable): Rent: £365 per month
Accommodation Type (where applicable): other
Accommodation Available: Yes