- Responsible for the Health & Safety of all the staff on location, ensuring all documentation is completed to the required legal standard
- Develop and ensure delivery of the business strategy for the Livestock enterprise and identify opportunities to grow the BB4 group of businesses.
- Understand and manage in managing budgets, forecasts and cash flows to deliver required business goals
- Responsible for budgets and costs of Livestock enterprise to ensure return on investments are understood and maximised.
- To utilise costings programmes to give detailed financial guidance on feed rations, weight gains, husbandry, feed stocks etc.
- Provide regular progress updates (including issues, concerns) to senior management on a regular, timely basis
- Manage meetings for your team and customers, events, shows and training.
- Lead and drive the on-site team on a daily basis, providing instruction and setting daily goals
- Create procedures and routines to ensure consistent quality of work and compliance with relevant regulations and accreditation's
- Ensure required data is recorded correctly by all staff and provided to administration in a timely and efficient manner
- Effective planning of projects, utilisation of staff and equipment over multiple tasks, ordering of feeds, medicines, materials and equipment as required in advance.
- Manage, developing method statements, risk assessments all H/S documents as required by legislation, particularly when on others farms/sites.
- Allocate jobs to individual staff skill sets and manage their ongoing training and development
- Maximise costs savings through leveraging buying power and negotiation of feeds, medicines, materials and equipment where ever possible.
- Investigate, anticipate and manage Health and Safety and environmental factors affecting the Livestock and /or land, cross compliance, stewardship schemes as required, keeping senior management regularly updated to new or changing regulations.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good understanding of H&S, Risk Assessments and Environmental issues and Legislation
- Full clean driving license, certification for operating rough terrain forklift and tractor.
- Experience in operating associated equipment to a high standard
- Technical extensive hands on experience in the daily health and husbandry of livestock, T.L.C of animals wellbeing, Veterinary skills and knowledge of diseases and medicines
- Computer literacy, commercial acumen of financials, general industry knowledge and understanding of market, customers, branding and public perception
- Effective communication skills and team motivation
- Good knowledge of nutritional/supplementation, awareness of season implications on herd
- Thorough understanding of regulations, passports, ID’s and legal documentation
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Accommodation available
- Onsite subsidised canteen
- 24 days annual leave, 3% matching pension, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, discount hospitality offers, career development and group family fun days / activities.
We are committed to our people and invest in their future, at BB4 we offer career progression and are committed to supporting our people through their journey.
Check out our video: https://youtu.be/lYM3zZUN9BY