- Responsible for the Health & Safety of yourself and the immediate staff on location, ensuring all documentation is completed to the required legal standard
- Provide regular progress updates (including issues, concerns) to Livestock Manager on a regular, timely basis.
- Assist and Participate with meetings for your team and customers, events, shows and training.
- Enforce and deliver procedures and routines to ensure consistent quality of work and compliance with relevant regulations and accreditations
- Ensure required data is recorded correctly and provided to administration in a timely and efficient manner
- Effective planning of projects with direction from Livestock Manager, utilisation of staff and equipment over multiple tasks.
- Assist in developing and then enforce method statements, risk assessments all H/S documents as required by legislation, particularly attention when on others farms/sites.
- Proactive planning of machinery, staffing and equipment requirements for intercompany assistance, ensuring clear communication within the other teams of BB4
- Ensure all machinery is maintained and safe to use, organising repairs and breakdowns in a timely manner to keep downtime to a minimum and all equipment in good order.
- Manage deliveries of materials to farm or other sites, organising that all quantities are correct and delivery notes are collected and kept to reconcile against invoices.
- Oversee and enforce Health and Safety and environmental factors affecting the Livestock and /or land, cross compliance, stewardship schemes as required, and keeping Farm manager regularly updated to new or changing situations.
- Liaise with customers to understand their individual requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good understanding of H&S, Risk Assessments and Environmental issues and Legislation
- Full clean driving license, certification for operating rough terrain forklift and tractor. Experience in operating associated equipment to a high standard
- Technical extensive hands on experience in the daily health and husbandry of livestock, T.L.C of animals wellbeing, Veterinary skills and knowledge of diseases and medicines
- Effective communication skills, team motivation, give respect to gain it, direct, coach and mentor team members when required with full hands on engagement in all areas
- Implementation of prioritising and planning of personnel and machines using systems and procedures
- Oversee man and machines/equipment, daily maintenance, greasing, cleanliness, yard space husbandry ‘HOME’
- Be able to take control of any sector at a given point, full hands on – physical capabilities
- Have knowledge of nutritional/supplementation, awareness of season implications on herd
- An understanding of regulations, passports, ID’s and legal documentation
- Accommodation available
- Onsite subsidised canteen
- 24 days annual leave, 3% matching pension, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, discount hospitality offers, career development and group family fun days / activities.
We are committed to our people and invest in their future, at BB4 we offer career progression and are committed to supporting our people through their journey.
Check out our video: https://youtu.be/lYM3zZUN9BY
Job Type: Full-time