Our clients are seeking an enthusiastic, pro-active and responsible person to manage a 900 sow outdoor pig unit producing 7kg weaners near Malton, North Yorkshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to take over the management of a new herd of 900 sows. You will be working with a professional and innovative team within a successful pig business and you would be responsible for the day to day management of the herd.
The successful applicant will need previous livestock & supervisory experience, excellent communication skills and exceptional stockmanship skills.
Key to the success of this role will be the ability to organise, plan and make decisions to ensure the efficient running of the unit.
• Responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the unit
• Strong technical knowledge and active involvement in all areas of pig production/breeding, including but not limited to serving, farrowing, feeding, moving and handling
• The management of a small team of staff and to manage workload to efficiently carry out all tasks that are required on the farm
• Efficient management of pig production costs
• Ensure welfare code, health & safety and quality assurance requirements are adhered to always
• Maintain knowledge of new innovation within the pig industry to ensure continuous improvement, maintenance and development of the unit
• Management and development of the team
• Regular communication with senior management including the company’s Breeding Production Manager
• Excellent remuneration package (Up to £45,000/annum)
• 28 days holiday (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
• Company pension scheme
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
Required Skills and/or Licences: Full driving licence,Tractor driving
Accommodation Price (where applicable): NA
Accommodation Type (where applicable): n/a
Accommodation Available: No