For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the Data Controller is Fowler Tull Ltd a company registered in England and Wales with company number 07902417and having its registered address at 99 Westmead Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 4HX.
Information we may collect from you
When you access our website www.fowlertull.com (the “Website”) We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website;
- If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to login information, browser type and version, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access; and
- Details of any third party sites accessed via the Website.
We may collect information about your mobile phone, computer or other device from which you access the Website including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for systems administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We may, however, use such information in conjunction with the data We have about you in order to track your usage of our services.
Location and retention of your personal data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any information collected from you is kept secure and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which such information is used.
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the Website. If you have any questions about how We use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
We will endeavour to update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to Us, in order to ensure that the personal data We hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
The Website may give you access to message boards or forums from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that any personal data published by you using these features is at your sole discretion and is accessible by the public.
Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which We feel may interest you. Where We do so, We will only contact you by email;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
In addition to the above uses We may use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to notify you about goods or services which may be of interest to you.
For such uses We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) if you have consented to such communication when We collect your data, OR if the contact relates to goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please contact us or select the opt-out option in our emails.
Save insofar as is necessary in order for us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, We will not share your data with third parties unless We have procured your express consent to do so.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Fowler Tull Ltd, the Website, our users and any third party We interact with the to provide the website.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a £10 fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.